An Introduction to Kanban for Legal Practitioners & Professionals
Legal Practitioners and Professionals face a number of different problems at work that this course is intended to help solve. These include:
- Overburden from too much work
- Constantly have to switch contexts
- Meeting demanding client commitments
- Dependencies (on clients, other parties and regulatory agencies)
- A sense that you lack control over your work and your destiny
Participants will come away from this course with the ability to better manage their workload, create more reliable commitments to clients and help position themselves and their firms / companies for greater success in the future.
Online Course Delivery
This course is run over 4 half day sessions so you can gain Kanban knowledge at a pace that's reasonable to allow learning through a virtual medium.
This course is run 100% virtual so you can join from the comfort of your own home!
What Participants will learn
This course is highly interactive – with relevant exercises and simulations allowing students to learn through doing as well as drawing upon the experiences of the trainer. Included in this is:
- Motivations to apply Kanban: Sustainability, Customer Orientation & Survivability
- A high level understanding of Kanban through simulation
- The Kanban principles of Change Management and Service Delivery
- The 6 Practices of the Kanban Method
- Basic design of a board and accompanying tickets
- Running the 3 key meetings at the introductory level of Kanban
- Understanding of the key metrics in Kanban that enable better results and ongoing evolutionary improvements
- Introduction to “STATIK” – the Systems Thinking Approach to Introducing Kanban
- An introduction to the Kanban Maturity Model and how the key values can promote sustainable evolutionary change
What participants will get
Participants get training certified by Kanban University which includes:
- Courseware and materials
- Digital copy of David J Anderson’s book “Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for Your Technology Business”
- Certificate of Completion of Kanban University’s Certified Kanban Training
- Legal Kanban Practitioner (LKP) credential from Kanban University. Your LKP designation will never expire and no annual fees are required to maintain it.
- You get pragmatic, actionable guidance you can implement in your organisation next week - because it doesn't require permission, budget or getting others to change
- You get trainers who are long-time users and world class coaches of the method, with legal qualifications.
Computer with video camera, microphone, speakers / headphones.
Internet connection capable of supporting streaming video meetings.
Latest Chrome internet browser
Who should attend
This course is intended for Legal Practitioners (lawyers), Paralegals, Legal Project Managers, Legal Operations Managers, Practice Managers and anyone else in the legal industry that is looking for ways to improve how they manage their work for better outcomes. This course is appropriate for professionals in both law firms as well as in-house teams.