Start implementing your own Kanban system!
The Kanban System Design course will enable participants to not only understand the basics of using Kanban at a team level, but also how to actively design better systems of work using the Kanban Method. This will allow participants to lead their teams through evolutionary change in accordance with the needs of the organisation in a meaningful way.
Participants will come away from this course able to immediately start creating a Kanban system in their organisation!
What Participants will learn
This course is highly interactive – with relevant exercises and simulations allowing students to learn through doing as well as drawing upon the experiences of the trainer. Included in this is:
- Visualising different types of work
- Visual board and ticket design
- Dealing with interrupt work and multi-tasking
- Pull systems
- Classes of Service
- Creating a “flow” for work
- Using Kanban metrics to manage flow
- Understanding of “STATIK” – the Systems Thinking Approach to Introducing Kanban
What participants will get
Participants get training certified by Kanban University which includes:
- Courseware and materials
- Digital copy of David J Anderson’s book “Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for Your Technology Business”
- Certificate of Completion of LeanKanban University’s Certified Kanban Training (KMP 1)
- You get pragmatic, actionable guidance you can implement in your organization next week - because it doesn't require permission, budget or getting others to change
- You get trainers who are long-time users and world class coaches of the method.
This course is the pre-requisite for KMP designation. To achieve full KMP status, students must also take the KMP 2 (Kanban Systems Improvement) course.
Lunch will be provided - please advise of any special dietary requirements.
Who should attend
This course is intended for team members, Delivery Leads, Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Service Delivery Managers, Portfolio or Program Managers, members of the PMO and anyone who wants to develop or enhance their management skills.
Please note that this course will require a minimum number of attendees to have registered in order for it to go ahead. If the minimum numbers are not reached, the course may be postponed / rescheduled.
This course is for in person attendance and will be run in the evenings with 2x2 day sessions. Other available options are:
|Virtual (4x half days)|